Our history´s foundation were laid in 1918 when Sven Schultz and Knud Højgaard established the Højgaard & Schultz construction company. In 1919, Axel Monberg and Ejnar Thorsen founded the Monberg & Thorsen construction company. The two companies collaborated on a number of projects over the years and merged in 2001, when MT Højgaard was formed.
Since 1918, the companies making up the current Group have played an important role in the construction and civil engineering industry, with key contributions to some of the most significant projects of our day. The Group created fixed links across the Little Belt, the Great Belt and Øresund and manages operations at the Thule Base in Greenland.
From the 5th of April, the Group´s operations have been run under the MT Højgaard Holding name.